Wednesday

1935-1941


My name is Marilyn Lewis.  I was born February 26, 1935 in Phoenix, Arizona at home to Harry Manard and Helen Lewis.  I had 2 brothers: Marvin Owen 13 years old and Harvey Leigh 11 years.  I started kindergarten when I was 5 ½ years old, but because my mother had begun teaching me to read, they advanced me to first grade.  I only have a few memories at this early age.  I remember favorite hymns that I liked to sing at church…. “In our Lovely Deseret” and “Never Be Late”.  My father worked for Standard Oil Company in Phoenix and was offered a job in Los Angeles as a head mechanic for their gasoline transport trucks.  He went over to check out the job and available housing.  We moved shortly afterward to a suburb called Highland Park.  I was enrolled in the second grade in September 1941.

No comments:

Post a Comment